Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Teacher Always Says Linky

I'm linking up with Forever in First for "My teacher always says..." linky party!
I am a huge fan of whole brain teaching and I love attention getters.
I could go on and on, but I tried to choose my top seven favorite teaching sayings.
 
This is the golden rule in my classroom! I think it's so important to teach students how to be a good friend and why it's important to be a good friend.
 As soon as students get back to their tables to begin independent work I say, "Name on your paper!" and the students respond with, "First thing!"
 This is a chant from Whole Brain Teaching! I use this to get my students' attention when we are at whole group carpet time. I simply say, "Classity class!" and the students respond with "Yessity, Yes!"
While students are sitting criss-cross applesauce on their pockets I ask my students to put their spoons (HANDS) in their bowls (LAP)!
When we are lining up and getting ready to walk down the hallway students always line up with "Hips and Lips!" Students place one finger over their lips as if they are "shhh" and the other hand is placed on their hip. This reminds students that there is NO TALKING in the hallway and their hands are not floating free touching things on the school walls.
 A fun way to get students' attention is to say, "Catch a bubble!" When I first teach my kinders this attention getter I tell them to pretend to catch a bubble in their mouth and they need to squeeze their lips so tight so the bubble doesn't escape!

Everyday we end our day with
"It is time to say good-bye to all our friends" by Dr. Jean


Now it's YOUR turn! Go link up! We want to hear what you say!
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Stef, I so appreciate that you joined my linky. It's fun to get a glimpse of all the creative things that teachers are saying. I'm a big fan of "Classity class" and all its variations. It works beautifully! Thanks again. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "spoons in the bowls" one! I've never heard that before. I always laugh when I ask my kids to catch a bubble because they take this big huge breath and they all look like blowfish! :) But it does work.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tammy, Thank you so much for doing this linky! I think it was a great idea! I love hearing little tricks that other teachers use in their classroom! =)

    @Miss Trayers My kinders love the spoons in their bowls rather than simply saying hands in laps! My kids also look like blowfish as well when I ask them to catch a bubble! When I first teach it I really over emphasize it to make it fun and it just sticks!

    ReplyDelete