Saturday, September 14, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party!}

Hello Friends!
 
This is my first time linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching {Five for Friday}!
I'm super excited to finally have a moment to blog!
I have been MIA since going back to school and have barely had a
 moment to take a breath. But I can't complain because my students are
absolutely AMAZING this year! I am back to teaching kindergarten full time
with 21 students in the AM and 21 students in the PM and this is going
to be my best year in kindergarten yet! I just know it!!
 
 
1. Introducing Literacy Work Stations:
As most of you know at the beginning of the year it is so so SO important
to take time, go slow, and teach specific classroom expectations
for routines and procedures.
 The Next Step in Guided Reading by Jan Richardson's
explains a great way for introducing Literacy Work Stations.
 
I am introducing TWO works stations a week
to one small group of students a day
because I will be having 10-12 Literacy Work Stations happening
at one time once we have begun guided reading groups!


 
2. Snow Day.... Nope, Rain Day
Yes, we had a rain day in beautiful Colorado this Friday. While the unexpected
day off gave me a chance to mark more things off of my TO DO list the
record amount of rain in such a short amount of time has severely damaged
 roads, buildings, and Colorado homes.
Photo Courtesy of David Mitchell {Rob Coy hiked into Four mile Canyon in Boulder County
to shoot some pictures of the destruction Friday.}
Please pray for friends and family affected by the Colorado Flood 2013.
CLICK HERE to read more.
 
 
3. Thank God for Kindergarten Teachers
Yes, call me CRAZY! But I LOVE every minute of it!
 
 
4. My Cute Puppy Bentley

I know all parents think their child is
the absolute cutest... but isn't he just adorable?!
 
5. September 11th
 
We will never forget...
 
 
Find me on Facebook
Check out my TpT Store


 

No comments:

Post a Comment